Thursday, February 9, 2012

I need your opinion Wrong or Not - Mgr. vs. Exec. Asst (Firm pays for gift!!!)?

On Tuesday, I was asked to order some flowers/gift for an employee of one of our firms clients who just had a baby. The order was delivered to her home on Wednesday, no one answered the door, the packages (2) were left at her door. The Mgr. who had requested this gift to be sent spoke to her that same day and she had not mentioned anything of receiving the gift. I decided to call to confirm for a second time that the gifts were sent to the correct place, etc. Everything was correct so they were going to place a "Quality Call" to ask her if she had received the gifts. They had her home number which I had provided but there was no answer. I then called the Mgr. to ask him if there was another number they would be able to call. (He knew I would be on the phone with them but since he was on another call he didn't pick up my line.) I looked in Rolodex %26amp; provided 800flowers with her cell no. to continue to investigate where the packages went. We have been doing business with her for 10yrs+

I need your opinion Wrong or Not - Mgr. vs. Exec. Asst (Firm pays for gift!!!)?
If 1-800Flowers left the packages on her doorstep, they might have easily been stolen. People were doing that all the time around the holidays with UPS or FedEx deliveries. At this point I would contact the flower company again to find out what they know, and give them a good blasting for leaving the gift exposed to thieves. You might be able to get the company's money back, or a replacement gift. Try and get an alternative delivery address, too.



Edit: I think your manager's point was that your firm should have handled all the transactions with 1-800Flowers, rather than dragging the client into it. Just the idea that it was a gift, and you don't make people work for their gifts. Besides, you know how to best reach her, and when. If it were a family member, would you make them work for their gift, or handle it yourself?
Reply:I am sorry but what exactly is the question?


No comments:

Post a Comment