Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Is there really strings attached???

This guy I work with has asked me out a few times and I have made it clear to him that I am not interesed. He keeps asking if we could just be friends. I do my best to keep him at a distance and make sure that I am not giving him any false hope. Yesterday, he came into my office and told me that he made a big mistake. He said that he had ordered me flowers for Valentines. I aked him why and he said because he wanted to. Then I told him to please cancel the order because I didn't want them. He said that he couldn't and there are no strings attached, and I should just take them as from a friend.



I am not sure what to do, and what is worse is that he is having them delivered at work. Again I asked him to cancel or to send them to someone else. He said just to enjoy them. Is there strings attached to those fllowers, is he hoping that maybe I will be overtaken by them and change my mind. What do you think?

Is there really strings attached???
Lots of string attached. Obviously the guy is quite taken with you. What you can do is tell him that you will be secretly re-gifting his flowers. Pick a co-worker that could use some cheering up on valentines day and send the flowers to them anonomously. It will both brighten their day and eliminate the embarrassment of you having to explain the flowers on your desk.
Reply:There are no strings if you don't want there to be...he can't force you to do anything. Take the flowers when they arrive and on your next break drive to the local hospital and drop them off at the children's ward for the kids to enjoy.



That way they won't have been a wasted gift and someone will get pleasure from them.


No comments:

Post a Comment